Analytics
4.3K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing

Guide Me
star_border

session duration is 0

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am seeing my traffic from adwords  using 'Acquistion->Adwords->Hour Of Day'.  It shows zero for many sessions.

1 Expert replyverified_user

session duration is 0

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @veersoft s,

Analytics is calculating the duration of time from the first activity of the session to the last. So without a visitor clicking or triggering an event or action, Analytics does not know the time to calculate so it is zero. And remember that it is the average so if there is a high bounce rate involved, those will be calculated, too.

With AdWords, this suggests that your traffic is not interested in your website after landing on it. Try using better targeting, exact keywords (versus broad) and adjusting your ad copy and website, too. Make everything match better and do a better job of making the keywords and ads match the website contents. 

There again, a lot of websites do not see high-value activity every hour of every day.  

Kind Regards,

James