Analytics
2.7K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing

Guide Me
star_border

second dimension - Ad Slot

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello to the Community,

I'm from France and my Google Analytics account was set up in French by default.

While going through the videos to "Google Analytics for Beginners", on the video "Measuring AdWords campaigns", it is said that you can find the ad position by setting up the secondary dimension to "Ad Slot".

I couldn't find the equivalent in french so I switched my language set up to English and location to United States and reloaded the Analytics page. Searching again for "Ad Slot" in the secondary dimension scroll down menu, I still couldn't find it.

For Analytics users abroad, espacially in the US, do you have the same problem? Has it been removed in a recent tool update.

Thank you for your help.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Emanuelle,

'Ad Slot' dimension is not available for all reports. It is available on 'Acquisition' -> 'Campaigns' -> 'All campaigns' or 'Paid Keywords' etc reports. Can you please check if you have it there?

I hope this helps.

Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Güney,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I found the "Ad Slot" dimension in the reports you specified, thanks for that.

The thing is, on the video I was refering to "Measuring AdWords campaigns" (4:36/6:49), it is said that "Ad Slot" dimension is to be found while into Acquisition>Adwords>Campaigns. This is the one that doesn't work but still, on the real-time screen captures that is made on the video, we can see the person typing "Ad Slot" and successfully finding it... Weird.

Anyway, now, thanks to you, I know where to find the info.

Regards