1.6K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing
Guide Me

link Google Adwords campaign (agency managed) and Google analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Google Support,

I have below tasks/requirements, just wonder what would be the best way to solve the problem?

Current situation:

1) agency manages Adwords campaign, I have no access to it

2) I am an admin user of Google Analytics

What I need to do

1) link Adwords campaign to Google Analytics, that way I can view Adwords reports in Google Analytics

2) at the same time, I don't want the Agency have access to Google Analytics. 

Could you please advise the best way to do so?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: link Google Adwords campaign (agency managed) and Google analytics

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Danna L,

Your agency needs to add your email address to the account, then you need to link Analytics to Adwords. 

1) Log in to Adwords.

2) Click on Account name to link.

3)  Click on gear icon in upper right hand corner.

4) Click on Account Access and click red box + USERS.

Now you will need to check your email and follow steps to be added to Adwords account. After you have accepted, go to Adwords and verify you have access, then proceed to Analytics. You cannot have access to their Adwords account unless you are added.

Note: You can link Adwords to Analytics from Adwords or from Analytics. We will do it from Analytics. 

1) Log in to Analytics.

2) Click on Property. 

3) Click on ADMIN (upper menu bar).

4) Click on Adwords Linking (center column under Property)

Follow steps on page and you are all set. 

At this point, you will have access to the Adwords account that is now linked to Analytics.  

Now, unless you click on User Management and add the email for your agency, they will not have access to your Analytics account. 

Please let us know how things go and if you require further help.

Kind Regards,

Google AdWords Top Contributor | Google Partner | GYBO | Local Guide | My Profile

Re: link Google Adwords campaign (agency managed) and Google analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi James,
Thank you for your detailed instruction. I will ask the agency to give me access to Adwords, then link Adwords to Google Analytics.

Unfortunately it is Friday night, so I will have to do that next Monday. Will keep you updated.