Analytics
1.8K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing

Guide Me
star_border

google analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How to check the statistics and analytics of people visiting the site, how far are they getting? does it tell  you the average time to open a page? is this too slow? are people putting anything in a basket? can we obtain any contact details to send them newsletters ??

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: google analytics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi sanjay k,

How to check the statistics and analytics of people visiting the site, how far are they getting?
The best way would be to set up a goal for your sales funnel.

does it tell you the average time to open a page?
I don't see it anywhere. I use Google Pagespeed tool: http://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/

is this too slow?
I shoot for 90/100 minimum score on page load time. Sometimes that's not possible. Also, pay attention to usability scores.

are people putting anything in a basket?
Again, set up a goal for your sales funnel. If you are recording your AdWords conversions through other means, do not import this goal as a conversion.

can we obtain any contact details to send them newsletters ??
You can't get any personal data from Analytics or AdWords. If they submit their information, you can use it. Another option is a remarketing list for folks who have visited your site or placed items in a shopping cart. This is anonymous.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords