Analytics
2.1K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing

Guide Me
star_border

gclid instead of valuetrcks?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

I have a question. Lately Ive notice that some adwords advertisers only have the gclid in their campaigns when I click on their ads, instead of using all the value tracks available from adwords. So I wonder if there is any way of store the gclid instead the valuetracks, and later ask google all the information about those gclid. 

If its not cleat I will give you an example

Today I append all the valuetracks in my adwords campaign's urls, and when a user completes my goal, I store those value tracks to that specific purchase. So I can attribute the purchase to one specific campaign, adgroup, kwd, creative ID, etc. Instead of apend the valuetrcks and store all that data from my side, can I only store the gclid and then ask google, please give me all the information related to this gclid that ended in a purchase?

Thanks

Re: gclid instead of valuetrcks?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
When you are using auto-tagging you can access much more informations in Google Analytics.
You should read more about auto-tagging benefits here:
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1733663?hl=en&ref_topic=1308612

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tomaz_C
Thanks for the answer. But do you know if there is a way I can download all that info from each gclid to store it internally?

Regards

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
You can access all this data in Google Analytics and export them to CSV, Excel, PDF or Google SpreadSheet.
You can use predefined reports in Acquisition > AdWords section or you can create a custom report with dimensions and metrics which you are interested in.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tomaz_C

I truly appreciate your help but your answer was not what I was expecting. Researching a little bit more Ive found what I was looking for. So I leave the info here, in case anyone else need it in the future.

Apparently, you can download a CLICK_PERFORMANCE_REPORT with Adwords API o Adwords Scripts. This allows you download every single gclid from the las 90 days with all the information related to it(campaign ID, Adgroup ID, etc etc). So you can store it and use it internally for your own analysis.

Bye