2.2K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing
Guide Me

difference in adwords and analytics conversion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

my adwords is showing conversion 10,000 but my analytics is showing 3000 goal completed 

difference is huge can someone help me with this..pls

Re: difference in adwords and analytics conversion

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Vandana,
First of all I would like to let you know that

"The conversion metrics (goal completions and e-commerce transactions) reported by google adwords could be different than the conversion metrics reported by google analytics as they both use different tracking methods."

Google Analytics mostly attributes conversions using last-click attribution, which means that the medium/source of the last click is given to the conversion.

Google Adwords will contribute the conversion to it's doing ("See that user clicked my ad and bought headphones within 30 days"). However Google Analytics will attribute that conversion to the organic channel ("That user that bought those headphones, the last time I saw him he came from a search engine, that's organic").

Another difference between Google Adwords and Google Analytics is that Adwords dates it's conversion on the time of the click on the ad, Google Analytics dates it's conversion on the date it takes place. So if the ad is clicked on Wednesday and the conversion takes place on friday, Adwords will date the conversion on wednesday and Google Analytics will date the conversion on Thursday.

To know more please check this @

Hope this helps.

Re: difference in adwords and analytics conversion

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

In addition to Santosh's suggestion above, check if you've the same number of adwords conversion page and analytics goals pages and these are the same in the both tools.

Also, goals on a page in Google analytics are tracked once per session, so if there were multiple conversions on a goal page within a single session, adwords will track all the conversions but analytics will only track 1 goal.