3.2K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing
Guide Me

Why does some of my page URLs in the Content report have "?=vsrefdom=p.*" ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Within the Behavior > Site Content > All Pages report some of my URLs from my Adwords campaign have the code  "?=vsrefdom=p.*" at the end whereas the * has a number on it such as "3157." Not all my URLs have this code at the end and some do. Going to these URLs on my website provides me with an inventory not found or other 404 page, but I don't believe that is accurate because if I remove the code from the URL the webpage appears correctly at that link. Here is a screenshot:Screen Shot 2016-11-14 at 11.45.04 AM.png

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Accepted by topic author Chris F
November 2016

Why does some of my page URLs in the Content report have "?=vsrefdom=p.*" ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

It seems that it is a non Google related tracking parameter, you have links with this parameter appended pointing to your site. If you don't know what are they you most likely don't need them. If you don't want to see it in your reports, you can add _vsrefdom to the Exclude URL Query Parameters field in your view settings. Note that it will work only for your future data.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have more questions. 

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital