Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing

Guide Me
star_border

Urgent

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello , 

One website can have one analytics account or it can have more ?

I mean i have made analytics account for my shopping site but what will i do if my developer will also make another analytics account by putting anaytics code in my website ?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Urgent

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hey Sue,

What you are trying to is fine. It's actually something that some brands with multiple sites will do to look at data holistically and use cross-domain remarketing.

All you have to make sure is that you don't put the same GA tag twice on the same site.

Cheers,
Kevin

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It's actually something that some brands with multiple sites will do to look at data holistically and use cross-domain remarketing.
>>How they do that can you please elaborate ?

All you have to make sure is that you don't put the same GA tag twice on the same site
>>I dont have multiple sites , i am just asking that my developer also has my web panel.What if he will make another analytics account and put that GA tag in my site again which i already have done for my analytics account.In that way he will also track my visitors then what ill do ?

p.s - I dont have script/coding knowledge , if he will do that then i cant find out.Thats why m asking this so that it will not happen with me.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Let me know if I understood you correctly.

So you are worried that your developer is going to sneak in another GA pixel to secretly look at your site data? I recommend that you install Tag Assistant as a plugin for your Chrome browser. With this, you can see what tags are on your site (including a sneaky one from your developer if he puts one).

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
=> Wow can i see analytics tag , remarketing tags , google tag manager , search console tags and all.And how will i know he added any extra code or not because i dont have any knowledge of scripts ?

=> And How can i install it , will i need to enter any login details of my email id or my website ?

=> And i am making google tag manager account because i have heared that after tag manager account ill not nee to add analytics , conversion tracking code , remarketing code and some other code on my website , If you know about this then can you please elaborate ?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hey Sue,

Here are the answers to your question:

1. If your developer secretly put in another GA tag, then you'll see two GA tags with Tag Assistant. If you only see one (yours), then everything is fine Smiley Happy

2. Are you talking about the Tag Assistant extension? It's for Chrome and you can download it here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tag-assistant-by-google/kejbdjndbnbjgmefkgdddjlbokphdefk

3. Google Tag Manager is a big topic! It would be very hard for me to explain what it is and how you use it in a short post. Think of it as a bucket that holds all your digital marketing tags. It allows you to specify what tags to fire, when to fire the tags and what data to save and send. I highly recommend that you start with the beginner's guide: https://support.google.com/tagmanager/answer/6102821?hl=en

Thanks,
Kevin

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
=> I have added that extension to my chrome now how can i see my own website tags ?

=> And i have added google analytics code on my site , so i need your advice that should i go for google tag manager accounts also because i think it will help me to put remarketing code for fb and adwords campaign , converstion tracking and other adwrods code as well OR should i dont go for google tag manager account.I just want to make my work easy because i dont have any knowledge of coding and scripts so i need your advice.

p.s.- My website is e-commerce shopping website.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Are you there ?

Please Reply.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi Sue,

keep in mind this is not official support from Google.
From what you discussed so far with @Kevin P it seems that you should use Google Tag Manager and use multiple Google Universal Analytics tags to achieve multi-account, consolidated reporting.

Can you share the URL to your website?

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan