Analytics
2.5K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing

Guide Me
star_border

Trying to verify AdWords Data with Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys,

First of all I would like to thank all the community members. I've been learning a lot from the community posts lately. I see that most of the questions that hits my brain are already raised and also answered.

I couldn't find a specific answer to my question so I had to create a new conversation.

• I'm trying to understand the effectiveness of my AdWords Display Campaign in GA
  • I've not linked both the accounts
  • Unfortunately, I don't see a single entry of Display campaign in Acquisition > Source/ Medium report

Is it mandatory to link AdWords & Analytics to see Display Traffic in Source/ Medium Report, or is there something I'm missing.

Thank you for your answer in advance.

Regards,

Raghu

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Raghu R
June

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

or is it just under any other sources other than "Display"

This second option, yes. GA is just not putting under the bucket you'd like to - it could well be under organic search traffic.

Check the link below and see the flow chart at the bottom of the page. It helps understand how GA classifies traffic.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6205762?hl=en

Hope this helps. 

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

If you don't autolink GA and AdWords you need to append utm tracking to URLs in order to see relevant traffic in GA.

Let me know if it makes sense. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for the response, Rodrigues!

Unfortunately, I haven't done either of it. Does this mean analytics didn't track any data of the display campaign, or is it just under any other sources other than "Display". Since the general job of analytics is to track every user who visits my web page. 

Sorry for pushing back I really need to understand if there were some numbers tracked on the GA about my Display Campaign or not.

Regards,

Raghu

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Raghu R
June

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

or is it just under any other sources other than "Display"

This second option, yes. GA is just not putting under the bucket you'd like to - it could well be under organic search traffic.

Check the link below and see the flow chart at the bottom of the page. It helps understand how GA classifies traffic.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6205762?hl=en

Hope this helps. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for the swift response, Rodrigues!

The above link explains on what I was looking for.

Regards,

Raghu

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

No worries at all. All the best!