Analytics
5.8K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing

Guide Me
star_border

Trouble Tracking UTM Codes

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

I am using Google Analytics, however my co-workers created the UTM codes/bitlys to track. They don't know my account information though. Are the UTMs they created pointless? Or is there a way I can add them to my account to start tracking?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Any link which points to your website can be modified with UTM campaign tracking parameters. Your colleague does not need access to your GA account to create these links. However, it may be useful to synchronise with them to ensure consistency in how they label campaign, source etc. For example, they may label a link in an email as 'Newsletter' which has previously been called 'Email'. A good tip is to have a shared spreadsheet which allows colleagues to enter the target URL and campaign names, and which then automatically produces a link with campaign parameters.

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you! So helpful.