Analytics
4.2K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing

Guide Me
star_border

Top conversion paths & remarketing - when path length equals 1?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

if I open Conversion Path report and I choose only conversions with 1 interaction (path length = 1), I can still see a huge amount of conversions from Display Remarketing campaigns.

Does anyone know how is it possible?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Top conversion paths & remarketing - when path length equals 1

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

Analytics uses a 30-day window in The Multi-Channel Funnels reports and uses sessions to count conversions but not a unique user. That's why some steps of the path can be erased and you see the previous. We have data for the last thirty days.

"By default, only interactions within the last 30 days are included in conversion paths, but you can adjust this time period from 1-90 days using the Lookback Window selector at the top of each report." (c) https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1191180?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sergey,
thank you for your answer.
So just to be sure if I understand what you say:
Even if I say I want 90 days window, let's imagine a situation:
A user visits my website from organic search, then does not visit the website for 90 days and let's say that on the 92nd day, the user clicks on AdWords remarketing banner and converts. In Multi-Channel funnels report, he or she would be considered as Google remarketing 1st interaction (Path length = 1) conversion. If he or she clicked the ad on 87th day, it would still be 2 interactions, No. 1 being google / organic and no. 2 being google / remarketing. Do I understand it right?

If yes, do you have an idea how can I prove this? Should I go into AdWords campaign and see if I show ads to a single user for more than 90 days? However, I don't think I can see this type of data though.

And secondly, is it likely that this scenario is responsible for over 10 percent of all conversions (as that's the amount of conversions which are Google Remarketing and are path length = 1?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, you're right.

You can use "Secondary dimension" to find the campaign that has more than 90 days.

1NY9AG9

I have 6%

1NYA0X9

I use 90 days and sometimes 540 days lists to get conversions so I think it's ok. 

Top conversion paths & remarketing - when path length equals 1?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you!!! This was very helpful.