Analytics
5.3K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing

Guide Me
star_border

Social Media Dashboard Question?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a question about the Google Analytics Social Media Dashboard vs. Campaign Tracking. 

So, when I set up my Social Media Dashboard, is it tracking any activity coming from, let's say, Facebook?

All activity which arrives at my page from Facebook? How does it know the traffic is coming from Facebook?

Is there a way to limit that tracking to just looking at activity which comes from my Facebook page to my site, or is that something I need to use the Custom Url's for?

When I set up the Dashboard it didnt give me any option to specifically list my page (or other social media options)

Thanks! 

David

Re: Social Media Dashboard Question?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
David,

"So, when I set up my Social Media Dashboard, is it tracking any activity coming from, let's say, Facebook?"
Correct

"All activity which arrives at my page from Facebook? How does it know the traffic is coming from Facebook?"
Because of the URL visitors came from

"Is there a way to limit that tracking to just looking at activity which comes from my Facebook page to my site, or is that something I need to use the Custom Url's for?"

What you can do is to create an URL with the URL Builder (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033867?hl=en) so, when you share a link to your website, you use the url you create.
If the URL is to long, I recommend you to use Bitly

I hope this is what you need

Regards