Analytics
6.4K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing

Guide Me
star_border

Should I create a new account, property, view or keep it the same

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi!

My customer has been using AdWords and analytics for over 10 years and he has been working with that by himself without any knowledge of AdWords or Analytics. He hasen't even tracked any goals or conversations and has lossed several millions on his campaigns.

So I have created a whole new website, with new content, with new URL-Structure but we keep the same domain name of course but I have also created a whole new AdWord strategi.

My question is, should I create a new Account, Propertie or View in google analytics? Because I am now importing Analytics Goals into his Adwords accounts and using them in the new campaigns etc. and I am worried that his past Analytics Stats will affect the new Campaigns I have created.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sadjad J
April 2017

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Good job Sadjad. You're the man!

You don't need to create a new account, property or view. You can use the old one and configure goals there. It doesn't have an impact on your AdWords results. Just make sure you have at least 3 different views (master, raw and test) and you're gathering accurate data.

Actually, it's good if you use the same property and view(s) - then you can see historical data as well.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers,

Taavi

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sadjad J
April 2017

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Good job Sadjad. You're the man!

You don't need to create a new account, property or view. You can use the old one and configure goals there. It doesn't have an impact on your AdWords results. Just make sure you have at least 3 different views (master, raw and test) and you're gathering accurate data.

Actually, it's good if you use the same property and view(s) - then you can see historical data as well.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers,

Taavi

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Taavi Kalvi!

I thank you for taking you time to answer and have a great day!

Best regards from Sweden Smiley Happy