Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing
Guide Me

Segments in GA and Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a question regarding the use of segments between Google Analytics and Google Adwords.

When I create a segment in Analytics, and use it in my Adwords account, do these segments then get updated (at a specified interval)?

So, when I create a segment in Analytics of users who visited page "abc" more than once, and I get say, a list of 10k people. Then, when I use this segment in Adwords as an audience, and a visitor that fits the criteria visits the page tomorrow, does this visitor then get added to the audience in Adwords?

If not, what is a best practise way to keep audiences from segments in Analytics up to date in Adwords?

Thanks in advance, and if anything is unclear please let me know.

Looking forward to your input!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Segments in GA and Adwords

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Jeffery,

Once you create the segment then define it as an audience, any future users (that haven't opted out) that match the criteria of the segment will indeed be included in the audience for the duration you specified.

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn