Analytics
1.7K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing

Guide Me
star_border

Seeing cost data in Analytics from an Adwords account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have an adwords account that has two merchant feeds connected to it that refer from two separate websites. The sites are run from the same company and just differ a bit with product lineup and audience targeting.

I have an analytics account that has a profile for each site. In the adwords section of analytics cost data only shows on one of the profiles and not both. Is it not possible to have cost data from one adwords account across two analytics profiles?

thanks

eddy

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Seeing cost data in Analytics from an Adwords account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Eddy,

By profile, I'm assuming you mean a separate property (separate UA IDs) for each site. Currently you can see your AdWords data flowing into one property but not the other.

If this is the case, you may need to check the AdWords/Analytics Linking. Check the property that is currently working and then duplicate that effort for the property that isn't working (assuming they are currently set up differently). If you need to create a link between the AdWords and Analytics properties, you will need Admin access on both AdWords and Anaytics to create the link.

Hope this helps!

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Seeing cost data in Analytics from an Adwords account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Tommy I managed to find the problem with the help of a very helpful Google support person. Essentially the problem was the payment gateway that we were using, because people who were purchasing items fulfilled the transaction at a third party payment gateway, the referrer information was being lost since a new session was being initiated. I simply added the third party payments as an exclusion.

thanks
eddy