Analytics
1.8K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing

Guide Me
star_border

Organic Search traffic driving to checkout/cart page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All,

How is possible that Organic search traffic is driving traffic to the /checkout/onepage/ or /checkout/success page?

Daily I have one or two sessions, its either from organic or direct traffic.

Can anyone Pls help me with my query as how is it possible to land out on checkout page when the page is not crawled by search bots.

Thankyou

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Meghana V
January 2016

Re: Organic Search traffic driving to checkout/cart page

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Meghana,

There could be various reasons for this to happen.

1) Are you sure your onepage and success page is not indexed in Google?
2) Are those visits always from returning visitors/users? If so it might be that they return at a later time and are still matched with the original keyword or direct traffic.
3) Let's assume a visitor arrives via organic traffic and stays 31 minutes on /cart/ (because of drinking a cup of coffee before finishging the order). Then she continues to /checkout/onepage/ and it is registered as a new session (and /checkout/onepage/ is the landing page). This because of the last session was ended.

Hope this helps!
Paul

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Meghana V
January 2016

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Meghana,

There could be various reasons for this to happen.

1) Are you sure your onepage and success page is not indexed in Google?
2) Are those visits always from returning visitors/users? If so it might be that they return at a later time and are still matched with the original keyword or direct traffic.
3) Let's assume a visitor arrives via organic traffic and stays 31 minutes on /cart/ (because of drinking a cup of coffee before finishging the order). Then she continues to /checkout/onepage/ and it is registered as a new session (and /checkout/onepage/ is the landing page). This because of the last session was ended.

Hope this helps!
Paul

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thankyou Paul

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
I am glad I could help you out!