Analytics
2.4K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing

Guide Me
star_border

Not correct source for transactions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi! 

User scenario is simple: Register → Registration Confirmation via email → cash deposit. And here we have a problem that transactions are recorded at the transition from the email, but not on our advertising sources. And spoil our ROI.
What we should do that our transactions recorded to correct sources?

Thank you!

Re: Not correct source for transactions

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

If i understand true, you lost your traffic source on Registration mail right? Visitors click your link in your email and so you see all transaction came from email.
If so, i guess "Removing referral traffic sources" is work for you. You can read details here https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2795830?hl=en

By default, a referral automatically triggers a new session. When you exclude a referral source, traffic that arrives to your site from the excluded domain doesn’t trigger a new session. And this session recorded previous sources.

This feature is only available for Universal Analytics and dont forget if you do that, you exclude all traffic from this email server domain.

I used it in a website who use Third party payment systems and its work. You can test too i think.

Re: Not correct source for transactions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for the answer, but it is not working for us. Visit of mail still spoil our stats.
Ads → Register → Registration Confirmation via email → cash deposit saved as referral or direct yet