Analytics
2.3K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing

Guide Me
star_border

No session data for AdWords traffic

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm running an AdWords campaign to a landing page, I've got Analytics set up on that landing page, and the Analytics/Adwords accounts are linked. In Analytics under Acquisition - Adwords, I can see click data for the Adwords campaign, but there's no session data (says there are 0 sessions, 0% bounce rate, and 0 conversions - see the screenshot below).

Screen Shot 2016-04-20 at 11.32.01 AM.png

I've used the Google Tag Assistant plugin to verify that the Analytics tag has been properly implemented, and I've followed the steps outlined in this article and everything looks good.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Bonus points if you can explain what the (not set) campaign is below Launchtower - I only have one Adwords campaign running to this page, so I have no idea where that data is coming from.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: No session data for AdWords traffic

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

can you see google / cpc in your Acquisition - All traffic report?

If you click on your ad can you see gclid-parameter in your landing page URL:
http://mysite.com/landing-page?gclid=123415jsfj48jsm
?

If not do you have any redirects on your site/landing pages?

You cannot see any other AdWords account In GA settings where you link your AdWords account? If I remember correctly 'not set' comes from AdWords account that has not been linked.
--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.