Analytics
5.3K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing

Guide Me
star_border

Need help to setup a goal specific for my requirements

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a facebook ad that goes to the introduction page for a product on my website (the link is UTM).

When user clicks on the link - I want google ads/analytics to track it's cycle and I want to setup goals to track:

1. User clicked on the ad (basically they hit our website/introduction page of product)
2. User filled out "Get started form" present on the same page (they got redirected to "Instructions" page)
3. User created premium account.
4. User signed up for premium membership (paid)

So can anyone guide me what would be the best way to configure my goals? We basically need to know #1 and #2 and from those - we'll figure out #3,#4

Thank you!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Shehzad,

Assuming you already have GTM setup:
- You can track clicks by parameters present in click url. If for example your site page contain utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc& utm_campaign=myads

- Track form submission using build in form listener in GTM (make sure page url contains utm parameters)

if you are not using GTM you will need a bit of code to get job done.

Hit like if this help Smiley Happy

Kind Regards

Noman Karim

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What would be the difference here as compared to Goals?