Analytics
2.1K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing

Guide Me
star_border

Missing AdWords Data in GA

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all, 

We've recently did a full page update and migration and it seems that due to some as yet unknown reason, AdWords data disappeared from the Paid Search at a couple of points since the new launch. The things that changed deliberately from our side and we think might have had a role in this are: 

1.  Edited the HTTP headers for redirecting and forced a single domain (https://domain.com) to streamline SEO
  2.  Added a "Show full domain" filter in GA and applied it to two newly created views to track two subdomains
  •            one for the main page
  •            one subdomain for a management dashboard

Now, if we look under AdWords in the Acquisition pane we see the total number of clicks but there are no sessions any more i.e. bounce rate is 100%. This happened quite abruptly when the views/filters were created. 

Under Paid Search we see no traffic at all.

The AdWrwords account is linked to all views.

Any advice as to where we might start looking for the problem? We tried pretty much every proposed solution that we come across to no avail.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Missing AdWords Data in GA

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
If you click your ad on live search result page can you see the gclid-parameter in the URL?
Are there any redirects or have you updated your Adwords landing pages according to your new domain?
--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.