Analytics
2.5K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing

Guide Me
star_border

Measuring conversions using the Model Comparison Tool (Conversions > Attribution)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm really confused from all the different number of conversions I see. I've been comparing the different attribution models and it seems like I have most conversions for the "Last AdWords Click" model - over 3 times more, compared to other models. 

My questions:

1. Can I get a simple example of a "last adwords click" conversion? Like what actions the user made leading up to the conversion.

2. Does the Model Comparison Tool include "assisted" conversions as well? I'm talking about the conversions from Conversions -> Multi-Channel Funnels -> Assisted Conversions. I'm seeing 22 assisted conversions there (6 "last click or direct conversions), which is 4 less, compared to the 26 conversions in the Model Comparison Tool report.

3. Should I be looking at Aquisition -> AdWords -> Campaigns at all? I'm seeing only 10 conversions there.

4. Given all of the above, what is the total number of conversions I have? 24 + 26 + 6 + 10?

All that I'm trying to do is to measure the ROAS from my campaign, and I don't know which numbers I should be looking at.

Thanks!

Measuring conversions using the Model Comparison Tool (Conversions > Attribution)

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nikolay,

The last non-direct click attribution model is used in all the Google Analytics standard reports (you can use other models only in the MCF reports). If you're analyzing your data using Last AdWords click attribution model it means that if AdWords was one of the touchpoints in a user journey, it will get 100% of the credit for the sale.

Quick example (touchpoints in the correct order):

google / organic -> facebook / banner -> google / cpc -> google / organic -> direct / none -> conversions

1) Google Analytics standard reports (last non-direct click attribution) -> google / organic will get 100% of the credit for the sale.
2) Last AdWords click attribution model -> google / cpc will get 100% of the credit for the sale.

That's how it works. Here you can read more about attribution modeling.

Hope this helps.

Taavi