Analytics
1.8K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing

Guide Me
star_border

Linking Google Analytics & Adwords.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

I´m having trouble linking our Google Adwords with our Google Analytics account. They both exist, they both have data, they both have the same google account ¨user¨ but have never been linked. Until now (hopefully). 

Problem is that all the manuals and helps tell me to go to the Google Analytics account > Property > AdWords Linking > and then make a choice fro the available options. But my account doesn´t show any!  Also there is no ¨New link¨ button. Just a message: There is no data for this view.

Hope you can help. I´ve read several/many forum posting etc about troubleshooting the linking, but none that I have come accross present with this ¨no options¨ problem. 

greeting!

Grace

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Linking Google Analytics & Adwords.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi columbia P
This is likely due to the fact that your account doesn't have permissions on that view. In other words, you're not an admin user on the GA account.
You need to contact whoever has admin rights on the GA account and ask them to give you the access that you need.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I don´t thinkg that´s the case because I can add/remove/edit permissions for other users, I shouldn´t be able to do that if I wasn´t an admin or super user.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hey Columbia -- Are you sure the AdWords account (which sounds like it is the same admin for GA) has permissions within AdWords?