Analytics
1.3K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing

Guide Me
star_border

Linking Adwords and Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Does anyone know what to do with this message? I run Analytics for a company under my main account, and they want to link Adwords with their Analytics. 

Link manager account to Google Analytics views?
This will import data from all your managed accounts into the reports for your linked Google Analytics views.

This is not recommended if your managed accounts represent different businesses or online properties. In those cases, link each managed account directly to Google Analytics.

Linking Adwords and Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Google will associate your analytics views with the email account that has management access. The views are just a dashboard or summary of reports and settings for filtering those views. If you have one website I would go for it, this is harmless enough. If you have many "properties" or websites that you track through Google search console you may want to hold off. Instead, create a "management" email profile for each website, grant administrative access to those email accounts for analytics, and then link the views to the respective email accounts.