3.1K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing
Guide Me

Landing Page Session Time Less Than One Second

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For a google adwords landing page I monitor I noticed that the average session time was less than one second for about 30 sessions total. That seems pretty unusual to me I would expect a session of at least three or four seconds. Any ideas why this is happening? 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Landing Page Session Time Less Than One Second

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Ray,

do you have any Analytics events firing on your landing pages? Depending on their definition they accordingly often lead to very low bounce rates and short session durations. If so, you can avoid that numbers by defining the events as non-interactional [1].

Re: Landing Page Session Time Less Than One Second

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Does this traffic have a particular high bounce rate? This may be skewing your data. A bounced visit has no end time stamp so gets a value of 0. This impacts the session duration metric quite significantly - if you use the non-bounce advanced segment and compare this side by side with the all your sessions you will see - probably - that it increases. Note that the time on page metric will not change.

Your sample size is also quite small - 30 visits will be very sensitive to outliers in your data.
John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.