Analytics
2.2K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing

Guide Me
star_border

In-page analytics only partially working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Spoiler
I'm having trouble with in-page analytics. I see data for most links on my home page, but only for one of my four primary nav tabs. I know there is traffic for those other pages and can not figure out why it's not working.

Re: In-page analytics only partially working

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Tom,

Have you checked to make sure your Google Analytics code is installed on each page of your website?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Omar, thanks for the response. I do have GA properly installed on every page. The challenge is with my primary navigation tabs at toolboxcreative.com. I get metrics for the logo (home page link) and one of the four primary nav tabs, including its subnavigation. I do not get metrics for the other three nav tabs, or their subnav. I have a similar problem on another site: RawahRanch.com where the Call to Action buttons (Reservations, load more, etc.) are not registering results. In both cases, I know they are getting clicks. I've tested them from IPs that are not filtered out of our GA.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Tom,

I had a look at your sites, and I noticed that only pageviews are firing hits. Every page does seem to fire the pageview hit so all looks good there. Have you also set up event based tracking for your navigation?

Here is a reference to GA event tracking: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/events#event_fields