Analytics
2.4K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing

Guide Me
star_border

In Page Analytics perpetually "Fetching data..."

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In-page Analytics doesn't seem to be working for me.  I'm trying to get a report on only a single day that has a couple thousand hits.  The website is public, HTTPS, and the View Settings in GA match the website exactly.  All other GA functions are working great.

In the embedded analytics mode, I perpetually see "Fetching data...", and no data appears.  (I've waited an hour or so.)

In full view, the statistics header appears in both Chrome and Firefox, but no overlay appears.  I can get neither the bubbles nor the heatmap to show up.

The "Browser Size" overlay works great in both modes.

Any ideas on what might be wrong?

Re: In Page Analytics perpetually "Fetching data..."

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Can you try with the extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/fnbdnhhicmebfgdgglcdacdapkcihcoh

Best Regards,
GA Guru.

'Star' or 'Accept as Solution' if it helped.

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I do have the extension installed and it appears to be working.

ga-overlay.png

I do not see any colors/bubbles overlayed on the website when I hit the colored icon.  I have tried it on multiple pages for the site, all report zero clicks.

I have double-checked the View Settings.  The Website's URL box is properly set to HTTPS and the URL matches that in my browser's address bar exactly.  There is no default page.

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Please try:

cache clear.
incognito mode.
try IE too.