Analytics
1.8K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing

Guide Me
star_border

Importing Goals to Adwords after Changes Made

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good afternoon.

I have goals I am using for Analytics that are being tracked in Adwords. I have made some slight modifications to the goals that I need to have reflected in the Adwords goals. I read that I would need to delete the original goal and re-import the goal. My concern is that I do not want to lose the history of my first goal if I bring in a revised goal. Is it safe to delete the goal and bring in under the same name? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Valerie V
June 2016

Re: Importing Goals to Adwords after Changes Made

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
The goal, as far as AdWords is concerned, hasn't changed. AdWords doesn't know the definition only Analytics does, so there shouldn't be any problems

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Valerie,

If you rename a goal or change the definition/criteria, the old goals in Analytics won't be affected and neither will the goals in AdWords.

Once a conversion is in AdWords, it's there to stay.

Ali

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Just to be clear, if I make a revision in Analytics definition of goal, does the revision update automatically in Adwords or do I have to delete and re-import the goal for the changes to be reflected? I am paranoid about losing any historic information.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi,

Changes would be retroactive, if that's what you mean. It'll change the way the goal/conversion is measured from that point onwards

Ali

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Do I have to reimport or do Analytics and Adwords communicate the change?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Valerie V
June 2016

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
The goal, as far as AdWords is concerned, hasn't changed. AdWords doesn't know the definition only Analytics does, so there shouldn't be any problems