Analytics
5.1K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing

Guide Me
star_border

How to link goals in Universal Analytics to Adwords?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are using the Measurement Protocol API to track offline conversions in Universal Analytics. Our setup is the following: 

• We have a goal "Offline conversion"
  • Goal is achieved when a particular event happens
  • We send that event from our CRM
  • Offline conversion is registered in Analytics

My question is: how can we link these goal conversions to Adwords automatically, without having to send a separate API request to AdWords? We are aware of manual imports and the AdWords API that allows importing offline conversions based on the gclid, but we want to avoid this additional complexity.

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tamas P
July 2016

Re: How to link goals in Universal Analytics to Adwords?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Yes that's correct - no manual import needed. As long as the goal appears in Analytics and it can be associated with a campaign in AdWords, it'll appear in AdWords as a conversion.

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Tamas,

The same way you added an offline conversion into AdWords, you can import a Google Analytics Goal as a conversion into AdWords.

Here are the instructions:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375435?hl=en-GB

Ali

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ali, thanks for your reply

So if I understand that correctly, data will be sent automatically from Analytics to AdWords. No manual import will be necessary. Am I correct?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tamas P
July 2016

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Yes that's correct - no manual import needed. As long as the goal appears in Analytics and it can be associated with a campaign in AdWords, it'll appear in AdWords as a conversion.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Ali, that makes sense. Just one more thing. After 9 hours will I be able to see the GA goals in Columns -> Modify Columns -> Google Analytics?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
You'll be able to see the conversions in the conversions column, since you can select to add them as you would any other conversion. I'm not sure about the GA column list, but you can certainly look at Conversion Name as a segment and see them there.

Ali

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ali

I've set everything up but I seem to have issue with one particular goal. Can you please check this thread out https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Using-AdWords-with-Google/Event-based-goal-not-being-impor... ? Thank you very much