Analytics
2.2K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing

Guide Me
star_border

How to fire conversions back to Analytics that occur on thank you page

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I've setup using Google Tag Manager the adwords conversion pixel where I am buying traffic to my site www.bannerslanders.com

I have one event setup now to fire to analytics, when someone clicks the mailto:  link.

But now conversions are only fired back to adwords; not to analytics when someone fills the form and they arrive on thank you page.

How can I also fire back the conversion into analytics so I see it also there?

Thanks! 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to fire conversions back to Analytics that occur on thank you

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Atila O,

As long as you have a thank you page (a different URL than the form page) all you need to do is set up a goal in Google Analytics for the thank you page.

Just go to Admin>>View>> Goals>>New Goal

ss admin goals.png

Once you select goals>>new goals, you can choose either custom or template then select destination and put in the URI (minus the domain) :

ss goal details.png

I would recommend you change from the default exact match to begins with if you expect parameters at any time down the road.  Also take the time to think of the value of the form fill/ goals on site as this will give you tactical data in GA for bid strategy, etc.

One last thing, if you do not have a different URL then you will need to create virtual pageviews after validation or use GTM's built in event listeners to fire a GA event after validation and then create a goal around this event.

Hope that helps.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn