2.9K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing
Guide Me

How to decipher utm_source=googlepla

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I the GA logs I see traffic coming from googlepla (utm_source=googlepla) and I assume its from Google PLA ads but I can find out what keywords triggered these ads. I tried to search for googlepla but Google Play keeps showing up in regular Google search. How do i know what keywords trigger my PLA ads?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to decipher utm_source=googlepla

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Legato :-)
I have very limited knowledge of PLAs. I dont think they use keywords (just as display ads do not have keyword data either even though keywords can be used when setting up a display campaign), .. from the help docs:

"Product Listing Ads use your existing Merchant Center product data -- not keywords -- to decide how and where to show your ads. The product data you submit through Merchant Center contains details about the products you sell. We'll use these details when we match a user's search to your ads, making sure to show the most relevant products.

You manage your Product Listing Ads in AdWords using Shopping campaigns, a simple and flexible way to organize and promote your Google Merchant Center product inventory within AdWords."

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Re: How to decipher utm_source=googlepla

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Check this thread

To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible