2.4K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing
Guide Me

How often does average position update

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all,

I was wondering how often the average position for Google Analytics updates? I have apparently a position on one keyword which I am 4.1 however I am no where to be seen in the first 10 pages. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How often does average position update

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Ash, welcome to the Google Analytics Advertiser Community.
The data you are referring to is not tracked by Google Analytics, it's tracked by Google Search Console (previously called Google Webmaster Tools). It then gets imported from there into the Analytics reports.

Bare in mind, different ppl in different locations etc, will possibly see different search results to what you may see when performing the same search

If you need help or have questions about Search Console, best place to ask is the Webmaster Central help forum!forum/webmasters
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Re: How often does average position update

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Well I've checked Web Master Tools and it shows 4.1 again. However I've checked 15 pages and its not on one of them....