Analytics
2.3K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing

Guide Me
star_border

How do you tell which analytics sessions came from which Adwords advert?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I've linked my Adwords and Analytics accounts, I have three different adverts and I want to analyse which traffic in Analytics came from which of those adverts.

I've seen you can add columns to you Adwords reports but I want to see in Analytics which sessions came from each individual advert.

Is this possible?

Cheers,

2 Expert replyverified_user

How do you tell which analytics sessions came from which Adwords advert?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Assuming that you are using the default tagging options in adwords, then the adverts will have different labels you have given them - for example, in the acquisition > adwords reports you can drill down to the campaign level. More information here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6168606?hl=en

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: How do you tell which analytics sessions came from which Adwords advert?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Harry K,

If you're looking to drill down to metrics for specific creatives (insights about creatives), I find it helpful to add secondary dimension to standard AdWords reports inside of Analytics.

snd.jpg

You can look at ad content or even the creative ID ( you'd have to enable the ID column in adwords to see these) to isolate traffic to a particular ad.

Hope this helps!

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’