Analytics
2.1K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing

Guide Me
star_border

Having a problem setting up Goals

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to set up a goal and the template does come up but it will not let me select any of the options .

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Having a problem setting up Goals

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Glenn,

That is strange. If you have collaborate access on the view, GA will let you into the template to view all but will not let you change values. You would need edit for that.

If; however, this is a new goal, you should not be able to add with read and Analyze or Collaborate access and; therefore, you should not be able to get into a new template.

If you do not have edit access, then please request it from the administrator and you should be all set.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I do have access to Edit, Collaborate, Read and Analyze. I even set up another user with access to all options and still can't get passes the template issue.

Glenn

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hey Glenn,

So you have edit access on the view in which you are creating and the new goal button is visible and you click it but are not able to edit any fields or save? (If you were maxed on goals then the button for new goal does not display.)

That's incredibly strange. It's remotely possible that your permissions changed and your need a hard refresh or sign-in / out to update.

I've never seen anything like it. Have you tried a different browser? or has a different user tried same?  (Edit:  I see that you indicated that you did try a different user, sorry.)

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn