2.2K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing
Guide Me

Google analytics location not recording google adwords keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I noticed my website was receiving visitors from the wrong countries so I implemented keywords with the correct country in google ad words. It shows I am receiving Clicks on those keywords on my google tag manager but not changing  the data on my Google Analytics location. I implemented the keywords last week and nothing has changed. I have linked both accounts through Tag manager and have checked on my site that the codes have been implemented. Any idea what I am doing wrong? Or any suggestions on how to  target the correct country? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google analytics location not recording google adwords keywords

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Michelle,

In AdWords there are some advanced location options in campaign settings you might consider. Also, country/language in AdWords campaign settings is the Google portal of that country in the given language. If you want apply IP targeting in AdWords instead, you have to take geographical subsets of the country, e.g. states or cities.

Additionally, location in Analytics may differ from that in AdWords because (a) the user of interest may have returned to your site from a different location as before (b) it's IP geolocation in Analytics