Analytics
1.8K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics and Wordpress (Jetpack) Not Matching

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi. 

I'm hoping someone can help me.

I've seen a sharp drop in my Google Analytics traffic today even though Jetpack says visits have remained consistent. Analytics aren't reading zero, some traffic is being registered -- but my referrals from pinterest aren't being counted for some reason, and being a food blog these count for 80% of my traffic.

My website is www.threekidsandcountingthepennies.com

I can't think of anything I've changed recently to cause this issue. Tag Assistant seems to be showing all is okay, and checkmyanalytics.com says all pages have analytics code.

Please can someone help?

Thank you,

Zoe

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Zoe :-)
They likely wont match as they are two different systems.

Normal data latency for GA is 24-48hrs. Also how busy your site is can also affect report freshness and cause reports to take longer to update.

Unless you have made changes to the website (updates or new plugins or code) or how the tracking is configured then I would keep an eye on it over the next 24hrs and see if the data from today catches up.

Which tracking id is yours, as I am seeing a number of different tracking ids associated with the website

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Re: Google Analytics and Wordpress (Jetpack) Not Matching

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your reply. I'm happy to give it 24-48 hours to update, though I've never had to wait before. My tracking code is UA-83694846-1 ( I think). And I really can't think of anything I've changed. I did install an ad plugin (Gourmet Ads) but have since uninstalled that, with no luck...

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Not sure why the pinterest stuff would not be showing up.. but if the visits are from mobile visitors, they may not show up immediately in real time. mobile phones sometimes batch hits to conserve battery life and will send a number of hits thru together at a later time. not when they actually happen.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A lot of the referrals just aren't being recognised. If I click through to my site via pinterest my visit doesn't come up on real time GA, but if i go to my website direct, it does. Very strange. And frustrating.