Analytics
5.2K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics Shows Clicks But Not Sessions And Other Metrics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

For one of the accounts I am managing, GA is not showing session or other metrics for the clicks coming from AdWords. For all the reports inside the AdWords section of Google Analytics, the reports only show clicks, cost and cpc data. What could be wrong?GA.jpg 

1 Expert replyverified_user

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey @Atal V

have you checked sessions under channel  > paid search,

if you see sessions and other data there then it seems like a problem with adwords - GA connect,

Thank you

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Atal,

this is a sign your GA and AW accounts are linked properly, which is a good start.

However, this also means that the landing page on your site does not contain the "gclid" URL parameter.

Make sure your ads use automatic tagging (they should) and that the final page after the click on the ad does not redirect you to a page that is missing the gclid URL parameter

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Shariq M  There is no data for "paid search" in the channels report.

@Julien Coquet  The AdWords account is using automatic tagging. The problem is that any click on the ad is being redirected to URLs which automatically strip the gclid parameter. Is there something I can do here or it's the time to contact the tech team?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

That's the whole point: you need gclid in landing page URL to assign traffic to Adwords.

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan