Analytics
4.3K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics - Revenue disappears when drilling down campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I started seeing this problem emerge in the past 7 days.

In Google Analytics go > Acquisition > Adwords > Campaigns 

I see a list of campaigns and a revenue amount against each campaign and a total for the time span selected. for this feedback I have 15 campaigns - revenue total say $4,927 on all campaign view.  

Now go...

Acquisition > Adwords > Campaigns >pick a campaign from Campaign/Campaign ID column.

Now if I click (drill down) on any campaign the Revenue column goes to "zero" dollars. Even if that campaign was showing revenue in the previous step.

eg.

I see campaign #3 has $703 dollars of revenue when looking at all campaigns, but when I click campaign#3  to drill down to see a list of ad groups for that campaign I get zero dollars showing, drill down on an ad group to see the keywords again zero dollars of revenue showing. 

This was not happening a week ago.

There is a special case; it is related to the google shopping campaign.

when I drill down on this campaign, it does not go to zero - instead the revenue drops by 95%+  I used to be able to see revenue per ad group and revenue per product accurately, but not this week.

In summary

The Revenue amount changes or in most cases disappears when drilling down through the campaigns.

This feature was working suddenly stopped in the past week or so.

Incidentally, It started to fail about the time the adwords icon (take action in adwords) at campaign level started to appear.

Is this a bug?

Or any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks

Mark