Analytics
2.3K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics Dynamic Remarketing We didn't find the custom parameter "dynx_itemid"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Colleagues,

Having issue with Google Analytics Dynamic Remarketing and this is my last shot. At first of all I have setuped many many Dynamic remarketing campaigns (with AdWords tag + GTM). But with Analytics I stucked on:Screen Shot 2017-02-21 at 14.17.44.png

Tried all methods, shame but even watched all Google Academy GTM tutorials. But still I am getting this Custom parameter errors. Triggering all data from vars (not dataLayer). tapetuparduotuve.lt

Both GTM preview and tag assistant shows data:Screen Shot 2017-02-21 at 14.33.30.pngBtw using CUSTOM BUSINESS TYPE because in Lithuania only this one possible for proper dynamic remarketing.

Thank you for answers. Smiley Happy

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google Analytics Dynamic Remarketing We didn't find the custom parameter "dynx_itemid"

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

Did you set the Dynamic Attributes under Property -> Audience Definitions?

Also it takes some time for AdWords to detect the custom parameters once everything is set up correctly.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Re: Google Analytics Dynamic Remarketing We didn't find the custom parameter "dynx_itemid&a

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Arnold M.,

Of course:Screen Shot 2017-02-21 at 15.23.19.png

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Did you try to send the custom dimensions with the initial pageview?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What do you mean initial pageview? I tried to send through GTM UA pageview and event.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Yes, I meant sending them with the UA pageview tag.

Looking at the site and the screenshots I cannot find any issues.

If you met the prerequisites below and you have just set it up, then maybe it's just a delay until AdWords detects the custom parameters.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/3455585?hl=en#requirements

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Arnold M.,

Tried both methods for 1week waiting durations. Now I turned both tags with pageview and event to get positive response from AdWords. Yes all steps are done and rechecked many times. This is great mystery atm. Smiley Sad

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Mantas C,

As @Arnold M said, If everything has been set up properly, the implementation through analytics takes some time . The error stops showing once it detects the dynx_id values.
I seldom face that error but it stops showing after some days.

I don't know but I guess, adwords shows the error assuming the implementation of DR is done through adwords code.

Check if this helps: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/Manage-AdWords/thread-...

Thanks,
Ritwik B  

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey @Ritwik B,

Originally account it set up for Google Analytics DR (non - AdWords). And yes I know it took time for AdWords to update info about tag (usually 1 day). But I was waiting from few days to few weeks. With all kind of variations of tag implementation. Smiley Happy