Analytics
2.7K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics Audience > Language

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Everyone!

I've created an AdWords campaign and chose only one language in the campaign settings. However when I check the ad results from Google Analytics, I see all sorts of languages (as seen below)

Do you have any idea what might cause this?  Thanks in advance!

Screen Shot 2017-03-22 at 02.29.21.png

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Google Analytics takes these values from the web browsers of visitors not from what you have chosen. Language is actually a user-selectable setting in most web browsers, generally defaulting to the language of the operating system.

If you want you can use filter and segment. To know more please check below article.

http://www.lunametrics.com/blog/2013/02/12/languages-report-google-analytics/

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Santosh,

First of all, thanks for the reply Smiley Happy

I have a question tough; if Google Analytics takes the values from web browsers of visitors, what good does the "language targeting" do in an AdWords campaign, then? 

I'm sort of confused at this point; I mean when I choose & target only one language in an AdWords campaign, shouldn't it show my ads only to the users with browsers that uses that specific language?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

How does Google identify a user language?

Google uses three major techniques to identify the user's language:

• The user's Google domain interface: -Each Google domain is assigned to a default language. Googl.fr has French as its default language, goggle.de is set to German as its default language and google.com uses English as its default language
  • The user's language preferences in his browser settings.
  • The user’s actual location.

here is whole article @ https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Articles/AdWords-Language-Targeting/ba-p/51292

If your query still not resolved I would suggest you to contact Adwords support team.

Thanks 

Santosh