Analytics
2.2K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing

Guide Me
star_border

Google Adwords not reporting on in Source/Medium on Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The accounts are linked, auto tagging is switched on however the Google CPC traffic is not reporting in "Source/Medium" in Google Analytics. It's reporting in the Adword/Campaigns section of Analytics but not showing up in Source/Medium as it should. Any ideas

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

HI @Audrey B,

One way to diagnose this issue is to double check to see if you have sessions reported in your AdWords Reports, if you find that there are no sessions being reported, it's likely that there could be an issue in the linking.  This could also potentially explain why your're not seeing these sessions being reported in other parts of the account.  

There are potentially a number of scenarios here but wanted to share this one path that I've found helpful in the past.

-Tommy

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Google Adwords not reporting on in Source/Medium on Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You're right, no sessions are being reported when viewing Adwords traffic in Analytics. So reading a little more, does that mean that there is most likely a problem with the auto-tagging or tracking code set up?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Did you find a solution? I am having exactly the same issue