Analytics
2.6K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing

Guide Me
star_border

Google Adwords campaing displaying under wrong website in analytics

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have multiple web campaigns for different websites on our adwords account with those websites on our Analytics account as well.

A issue we are haveing is that one of the campains for we are running for site 1 are showing up in the Analytics page for Site 2 under Aquisition > Adwords

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Unlimited Internet N
June

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
Have run into this issue myself in the past.

You may need to create a view and apply a Campaign Target URL filter

If you are running campaigns for multiple websites, and are tracking these in your Analytics account:

For each view that should include a subset of your AdWords data, create a custom Include filter as follows:

1. Log in to your AdWords account at https://adwords.google.com.
  2. Click the Tools and Analysis tab, then click Analytics.
  3. Create a filter with the following attributes:

Filter Type: Custom filter > Include
    Filter Field: Campaign Target URL
    Filter Pattern: [the domain of your AdWords campaign's destination URLs]
    Case Sensitive: No

For example, if this view is tracking the campaign for website www.example.com, enter example\.com as the Filter Pattern (note that the dot in the URL must be escaped by a backslash).
  4. From the Available Website Views list, select the view to which this filter applies, then click Add.
  5. Click Finish.

This filter tells Analytics to include only the AdWords data for campaigns that lead to a specific domain. You need to create a similar filter for each view in which you want to include AdWords data, and make sure that you apply each filter to the correct view.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034318?hl=en

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Unlimited Internet N
June

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
Have run into this issue myself in the past.

You may need to create a view and apply a Campaign Target URL filter

If you are running campaigns for multiple websites, and are tracking these in your Analytics account:

For each view that should include a subset of your AdWords data, create a custom Include filter as follows:

1. Log in to your AdWords account at https://adwords.google.com.
  2. Click the Tools and Analysis tab, then click Analytics.
  3. Create a filter with the following attributes:

Filter Type: Custom filter > Include
    Filter Field: Campaign Target URL
    Filter Pattern: [the domain of your AdWords campaign's destination URLs]
    Case Sensitive: No

For example, if this view is tracking the campaign for website www.example.com, enter example\.com as the Filter Pattern (note that the dot in the URL must be escaped by a backslash).
  4. From the Available Website Views list, select the view to which this filter applies, then click Add.
  5. Click Finish.

This filter tells Analytics to include only the AdWords data for campaigns that lead to a specific domain. You need to create a similar filter for each view in which you want to include AdWords data, and make sure that you apply each filter to the correct view.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034318?hl=en

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Found the solution, just as you mentioned, right after I posted the question.

Thank you for your reply. 

I would just like to mention that the menus have changed and thegoogle support thingy needs to be updated I think.

"Tools & Analysis" now shows as "Tools" and clicking Analytics under there takes you to Google Anaytics.
There you need to go to the Admin panel > then to the selected view and create a new filter as above.

Cheers

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

we currently use website www.geelongsallsporttrophies.com.au, the one listed is old and not functioning properly yet, please change.

Brian Malone

Director

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Brian M

Sorry, not understanding what it is you require help with. Can you please give further details

Thanks

Bronwyn