Analytics
2.3K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing

Guide Me
star_border

Gender and age AdWords targeting errors

GRV
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
GRV
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have already referred the AdWords definition for my information.
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2580383?hl=en

However, I want the more info related to my youtube promotion.
1) So, suppose if I select either male or female and didn't select unknown in my gender selection. What pros and cons it will make in my campaign…
2) From actually the Unknown clicks\crowd come.
Thanks in advance !

Re: Gender and age AdWords targeting errors

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Unknown just mean Google don't have their gender information. Even if you don't target unknown, these unknown people are automatically included in your targeting audience, unless you exclude "unknown" as negative gender.

So let's compare the pros and cons between the inclusion and exclusion of unknown gender.

Suppose you have two campaigns with ads targeting male and female separately.

Pros                              Cons

Include unknown          More impressions         Lower ad relevancy (lower Ad CTR and/or conversion rate)              

Exclude unknown         Higher relevancy          Less impressions

It really depends on what you promote and how accurate/gender-sensitive your advertisement needs to be.

GRV
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
GRV
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks a lot for replying for my question....

My main target is to get relevant people for my video Add.

So I am doing right I by excluding the "Unknown" ? 

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Right.
By more accurate targeting, you may get benefit of more effective ad views, higher CTR and social interactions, all of these relevancy may result in lower avg. CPC.

As a bonus suggestion, if you have good conversion tracking in place, you may want to do include "unknown" at first, just to see your monetization level on these type of audience and then determine if you wanna exclude them based on your ROI. So you don't miss opportunities out there.

To you advertising success,

Marko

GRV
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
GRV
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks a lot.. for your reply Smiley Happy

Sorry, as I am late in replying. The thing you said is quite helpful and helped me in my campaign.

Thanks a lot again!

Regards,

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
You're welcome!