Analytics
1.6K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing

Guide Me
star_border

GDPR: How will affect Google Analytics and Adwords?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi! The GDPR is a new legislation that will become effective in May 2018 in EU and will affect also companies that process EU citizens data. I'm searching for a document where Google would explain if this will affect companies that use Google Analytics and Adwords for advertising purpouses and if yes, how? Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is still a mystery as far as I'm concerned. Searching on Google I find little to no information about the impact of GDPR in analytics and how analytics vendors will (need to) adjust.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

correct, i also still lokking for information what to do with goole analytics and other tools.  i fear there are alot that are not doing a thing about htis

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Danish municipalities have tried to make Google sign data processing agreements, but Google has refused to do so so far[1]. Using Google Analytics without a data processing agreement will definitely be illegal.

[1] https://www.version2.dk/artikel/87-kommuner-videreformidlede-data-brugere-ulovligt-1079807 (in Danish)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am looking for the same answer, can you any shed light on this?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi! Did you get updates on Google Analytics and GDPR? Thank you! 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

Has there been any more information on this?  As a web design agency we use both Google AdWords and Analytics

Thanks,

Laura