2K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing
Guide Me

GA Smartlists + Multiple Conversion Types

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi folks, snazzy new area you've got here Smiley Happy

I have a program running with several conversion types. The site is huge and I'd like to try a GA Smartlist. What I can't find in the documentation is how well it works with multiple conversion types. I need to remarket to non-members and get them to join, and NOT remarket (in other words totally exclude) existing members. As Reservations by members are a conversion type, I need a specific exclusion for this. 

Can it be done?

Re: GA Smartlists + Multiple Conversion Types

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't think it's that "smart". The machine learning algorithm is optimizing towards the overall conversion (all goals), using demographics and user behaviors data but not exactly what you want.

Machine learning uses dozens of signals, including location, device, browser, referrer, session duration, and page depth to identify the users who are most likely to convert in a subsequent session.

You may still remarket to Smartlist audience, but need to put the audience lists you don't want into Negative.