Analytics
5.3K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing

Guide Me
star_border

GA AdWords report, when renaming medium in view settings

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

When Google Analytics account is linked to AdWords account - how this report recognizes traffic from paid adwords and show all data in those report? I thought that it recognizes it by ?gclid=XXX.

But it looks like it doesn't. For easier and faster analyzes, i decided to rename medium based on campaign name. So google / cpc stay to all Paid Search activities, but cpc rename to gsp, youtube or display if it's any of those activities. I also still see campaign names as they are in AdWords account.

image.pngBut now i see that in my adwords report there is only google / cpc = Paid Search (in my case) campaigns. I assume, google / display network medium doesn't apply the report rules.

So the question is - can i somehow manage AdWords report rules? If not, does it recognizes AdWords activities only if source / medium is equal to "google / cpc" or maybe it works also with Regex? And those those rules apply to all source / medium, or only medium?