Analytics
2.5K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing

Guide Me
star_border

Filter Keywords In Analytics Report

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I am using GA to generate a report of new vs returning visitors who click on my AdWords ads.

To do this I go Audience > Overview > Paid Search > Secondary Dim mention ? Users ? User Types.

This gives me a list of all my keywords that have been clicked on. I want to be able to exclude certain keywords from this list and then run a report with only the keywords I want to show on it.

There are check-boxes beside the keywords, but I can't find anywhere to do anything with the boxes I place a check mark in (no drop down or menu to apply an action).

Can someone point me in the right direction to do this?

Thanks,

Re: Filter Keywords In Analytics Report

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
HI Peter,
Plese go to Audience > Overview > Paid Search > Secondary Dim mention > Users > User Types.

Click on 'advanced' link ( just before pie chart option or you can use ctrl F) choose exclude, here you will be able to exclude the keyword . Finally click on 'Apply' .

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Santosh,

Thanks for the reply.

Using your method I can only exclude 1 keyword (phrase) from the list. Is there a way I can exclude (or include) multiple keywords/phrases?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,
For that You have to create a new segment. Please follow the below steps

+Add segment > + New Segment >Advanced > Condition> Selct 'Keyword' from drop down (by default you will see Ad content) > Exactly matches > enter keyword > Clicked on 'OR' select another keyword so on...

Now you will be able to include or exclude keywords.

Thanks