Analytics
2.2K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing

Guide Me
star_border

Event / conversion tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey guys,

I want to track in analytics and adwords how many people clicked on the submit button of my form . I'm a bit confused what I need to do. Is it necessary to implement the conversion code of adwords? Or can I just setup a analytics event tracking tag in tag manager and export the goal to adwords? 

Can someone please assist me?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Mark

Re: Event / conversion tracking

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Yes, Event tracking is the right way.

may refer: http://www.lunametrics.com/blog/2013/07/02/jquery-event-tracking-generator-google-analytics/

Best Regards,
GA Guru.

'Star' or 'Accept as Solution' if it helped.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, you should set up event tracking tag in tag manager. If you provide more info about a website - I can help you more detail.
Have a good day!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
use an event as the others said or if the clicking of that button loads a unique static url page that is only loaded through that form then you can use a URL based goal
yes you can then import the goal to adwords
or you can put the adw conversion script on that thank you page and it will pipe directly in to adwords
we usually do both so you see an adw conversion goal in adw interface and a ga goal in ga
as they measure and attribute things a bit differently and then you have the info in both interfaces.