1.6K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing
Guide Me

Event based goal not being imported into AdWords

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've followed the instructions based on this thread.

TL;DR Goal completions are shown in GA but are not being imported as conversions into AdWords. AdWords Tracking status says that recent conversions were impored 10 days ago but we've only linked the goals 3 days ago. What is wrong with our setup?

I've linked two goals from Analytics to AdWords: a page view goal and a custom goal we use to track offline conversions. The page view goal is being imported into AdWords but the other one displays "No recent conversions" on the "Conversion actions" page in AdWords. When I hover over the tracking status I can see "Last conversion recorded 10 days ago" which is strange because this article says that historical data is not imported.

I've only link the goals 3 days ago. I checked, and I can see in analytics 4 offline conversions yesterday morning (80 in total since I've imported the goals into AdWords), so I assumed it should have been imported by now. 

Our Goal setup is the following: 

• Goal set-up: Custom
  • Goal type: event
  • Goal details: Category = Lead, Action = Lead conversion, Label = converted, Value > -1 (sometimes we send 0). "Use the Event value as the Goal Value for the conversion" is checked.

From our crm we send event hits regularly to GA using the measurement protocol API. We can see Goal completions in various views.

I can see on the screen where I set up the goals says "You must have at least one Event set up to create this type of Goal.". Where do I do that? I've read this article but the whole point was that we can't setup regular analytics page event for this, because it's an offline conversion, thus we use the Measurement Protocol API.

Many thanks