Analytics
5.1K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing

Guide Me
star_border

E Commeerce and Source tracking problem

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

I am experiencing quite an issue here. We are driving traffic to one child website, through which visitors should be led to parent website where they can make a purchase.
Ecommerce is linked to the parent account.
We tried to track visitors via utms but still we cannot see any conversion from AdWords. On the other hand, we have numerous assisted conversions from AdWords.
Is there any chance to solve this and to track conversions properly?
In addition, we cannot change anything on the parent website, as they are our partners.
Parent website is themeforest - we cannot drive traffic to our page there, as AdWords woun`t let us.
Also, we cannot change anything in regards to sales funnel scheme.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author isidora s
July 2016

Re: E Commeerce and Source tracking problem

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Isidora,

If you cannot use Cross Domain tracking (best practice but requires code customization on both sites) then multi-channel (assisted) is the right choice. Basically all traffic is going to show as a referral or if you use utm tags on links then whatever you add in for your params.

If you can / could customize parent site then cross domain and other options are available.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author isidora s
July 2016

Re: E Commeerce and Source tracking problem

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Isidora,

If you cannot use Cross Domain tracking (best practice but requires code customization on both sites) then multi-channel (assisted) is the right choice. Basically all traffic is going to show as a referral or if you use utm tags on links then whatever you add in for your params.

If you can / could customize parent site then cross domain and other options are available.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn