2.2K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing
Guide Me

Deleting a Remarketing Audience

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I can't seem to determine how to delete an audience I created in analytics.

I had originally created the audience in AdWords, but wanted to recreate it in Analytics due to there being more options there. So I renamed the original audience list in AdWords, created in Analytics and saw that both now appeared in AdWords in the Shared Library. I then deleted the original list, which said it would also delete any related lists. I didn't understand exactly what this meant or why it would also delete related lists so I went ahead and did it.

Well, both lists disappeared from the shared library in AdWords but the list still appeared in my audience list in Analytics. I thought if I deleted it and re-entered it it might fix the problem but can figure out how to delete a list.

Any help would be appreciated. I've included screen shots of my audience list screen in both AdWords and Analytics.

LoriScreen Shot 2016-02-11 at 1.04.46 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-02-11 at 1.04.30 PM.png

Re: Deleting a Remarketing Audience

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Try closing the audience (through Analytics or AdWords)
then give it a couple of minutes and then try and remove it through the AdWords interface.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Nidoh L

I had the same problem here and I've tried @Jaco P's suggestion but doesn't work.

The list gets longer and it would be helpful to delete the useless one. Anyone who has an idea can give a shout?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Remove the lists from inside your AdWords account, then unlink your accounts for a second, and then link them again. This delete ALL of your audiences from Analytics.